Motivated to Share Your Memoir
and Want Personalized, Ongoing Support?
Memoir coaching sessions might be the answer!
My mother used to say, "Never clean out your Tupperware cabinet alone. You'll keep much more than you need, and you'll get overwhelmed by the task."
Your (or your loved one's) Tupperware cabinet of memories bursts at the seams. How do you know what to keep and what to throw out? How do you continue when the task of writing a memoir feels so daunting?
What's a Memoir Coach?
If you've played on a team or hired a personal trainer, you know how valuable a coach can be! Your memoir coach comes alongside you or your loved one throughout the memoir writing process.
Although each coaching engagement is different, we will help you or your loved one:
- Answer the questions that your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will ask.
- Tell more difficult or emotional stories.
- Include just the right amount of detail for the reader to understand how the event shaped the storyteller's life, beliefs, and values.
- Manage a memoir project plan, provide target dates for tasks, and (gently) hold you/him/her accountable so you/he/she finishes the project.
- Continue to be encouraged and inspired throughout the project.
How It Works
Unless otherwise agreed upon, each coaching session is held by telephone.
We will record each session in the event that the storyteller requires a copy of the conversation.
If you or your loved one prefers to type the stories, then much of the offline work will be handled via email. If you or your loved one prefers not to use a computer, then much of the offline work will be handled via regular mail.
Standard Coaching Packages
If your loved one requires more support or wants to finish his/her memoir faster,
we can customize a coaching package just for him/her.
Tea for Two Coaching Packages
Available in 3 Month and 9 Month packages
- Up to two 2-hour, private telephone coaching sessions per month
- Planning session
- A recording of each coaching session available for download
- Story ideas and prompts proposed for each session
- Writing guidance and story feedback tailored to each unique author
- Verbal feedback for each story
- Writing resources, tips, techniques, and advice
- Email support throughout the month to answer quick questions and maintain momentum
- Best practices review for privacy and intellectual property concerns
Upgrade your memoir
- Not satisfied with the flow or organization of your memoir? Purchase developmental editing services, and we will use your own words and intentions to create a more pleasing narrative.
- Not sure about spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.? Purchase copy editing services, and we will help you make your high school English teacher proud!
What to Do Now?
Complete the form to the right or call us at 978.455.2166 to schedule a complimentary 60-minute Save a Life Story Conversation. We'll talk about your goals, whether coaching is the right solution for you, what to expect, and how we can help you. It's time to start and finish your memoir!
I'm looking forward to your call!